Organisation: One Parents Families Scotland
35 hours per week
£27,795 - £33,972 depending on experience
Location: Home-based & OPFS Edinburgh office
Deadline: 15 March, 2021
Demand from single parents for the OPFS Advice and Information Services is increasing. The service needs to respond to the demand for fast, up to date, accurate web content. We are looking for a positive, creative, and self-sufficient writer to develop, write and edit our advice web content in a fast-paced advice environment.
This post will also support the development of the Advice Service's knowledge base. You will work with Advice Workers to share your research findings to develop our advice to single parents.
The OPFS Advice and Information Service is the only nationwide advice and information service dedicated to single parents in Scotland. It currently operates Monday to Friday 9.30 to 16.00.
- The OPFS Advice Service: contact centre for single parents seeking advice via our Helpline, Webchat, email: advice@, 'Ask a Question' and Facebook.
- The OPFS Advice Information Service: website content on advice issues that matter to single parents.
- The OPFS Advice Training Service: online and in-person training courses for practitioners working with single parents.
One Parent Families Scotland
One Parent Families Scotland is the leading charity working with single parent families in Scotland. Building on over seventy years of advocacy and service-delivery expertise, OPFS provides expert information, advice, and support for single parent families, along with training activities, employability programmes and flexible childcare. OPFS campaigns with parents to make their voices heard to change the systems, policies and attitudes that disadvantage single parent families. Our vision is of a Scotland in which single parents and their children are valued and treated equally and fairly.
- To project manage the development and delivery of the advice information function of the OPFS Advice and Information Service.
- Overall editorial responsibility for all advice content produced by the OPFS Advice and Information Service for the OPFS website
- Developing, researching, and writing advice content for the OPFS website
- Primary liaison between the OPFS Communications Team and Advice and Information Team to produce advice content for the OPFS website.
- The sharing of research and content on advice issues with advice workers to develop advice service knowledge.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- To develop, research and write accurate and relevant digital advice content aimed at single parents.
- To work with Advice Workers to identify relevant content needs from the Advice Service trends.
- To support Advice Workers to take a user-centred approach to their writing, write within brand and style guidelines, edit their work, and recommend improvements.
- To lead on identifying single parent advice content needs by analysing data gathered, user feedback, user testing, google analytics and other engagement with stakeholders, in collaboration with the OPFS communications team.
- To support mechanisms to embed advice content knowledge into advice service delivery, including delivering presentations to Advice Workers in team meetings and writing Advice Worker facing Tools.
- To be the primary liaison with the digital team to ensure relevant content is available on time on the website.
- To liaise with local OPFS managers around their advice content and information needs.
- To take the lead on the development of a mechanism to involve single parents in evaluating our online advice content performance and make any resulting recommendations for improvement
- To act as a brand champion ensuring all advice content complies with the OPFS brand and style guidelines
- To work with the Advice and Information Manager to make recommendations for strategic planning purposes and Advice Information Service improvements.
- To be able and willing to use project management tools to plan work, such as Trello.
Corporate Responsibilities include:
- A commitment to the work of OPFS and our vision and mission
- Able to work confidentially in a digital environment, including standard Microsoft office software packages and cloud-based CRM databases.
- To take a flexible approach to work and duties within your range of responsibility and carrying out other duties as directed by Managers.
- To actively contribute to organisational cohesion, encouraging cross-team working, and a positive problem-solving approach.
- To work in line with OPFS's values and Code of Conduct
- To take personal responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies including safeguarding, confidentiality, health and safety and data protection
- To champion and promote equal opportunities and diversity both in your area of work and the wider organisation.
- To ensure single parent voices and experience informs the design and development of your work where appropriate
Closing date, Monday 15 March 2021 at 5pm.
Please download an application and relevant documents from our website: opfs.org.uk/get-involved/work-with-us/opfs-advice-content-lead
Please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org