× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Content suggestion

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I wonder whether it would be possible to add a “Service Disruption” sub forum. I’ve spent 35 mins on hold so far this morning and strongly suspect the ESA computer system is still down.

If there were a sub forum dedicated to disruptions we could monitor it without all wasting our time listening to the same 12 bars of Vivaldi and know when systems come back on line as well.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

What we really need is DWP and LAs to create something like that used by utilities and media providers: a web page dedicated to current service status that responds to postcode queries. Thus M3 is fine. M16 is wobbling and so on.

My fave moment of this week was when someone from JCP hummed Viv down the phone at me on the basis that it was a much politer way of putting me on hold and knowing that they were still there and doing something. I really wanted them to forget themselves and swear under their breath as their systems wouldn’t log them on but sadly not.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Mike Hughes - 13 May 2016 10:08 AM

My fave moment of this week was when someone from JCP hummed Viv down the phone at me on the basis that it was a much politer way of putting me on hold and knowing that they were still there and doing something. I really wanted them to forget themselves and swear under their breath as their systems wouldn’t log them on but sadly not.

That’s just cheered up my Friday that has.

Thank you!

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

That’s brilliant….

It reminds me of the time when I was on the phone to TCO and could hear someone in the background singing ‘No, no NINO’ to the tune of ‘No Limit’.

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

I once had an Italian client called Nino who had no idea that his name was an acronym until he got a contract to carpet the Jobcentre and was a bit freaked out to see his name everywhere.

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1116

Mike Hughes - 13 May 2016 10:08 AM

What we really need is DWP and LAs to create something like that used by utilities and media providers: a web page dedicated to current service status that responds to postcode queries. Thus M3 is fine. M16 is wobbling and so on.

Now only if it could have been Costello’s “No Action’‘.....

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Billy Durrant - 13 May 2016 01:05 PM

I once had an Italian client called Nino who had no idea that his name was an acronym until he got a contract to carpet the Jobcentre and was a bit freaked out to see his name everywhere.

To be fair, I think that wins hands down. Made me laugh out loud.