Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP Form Emailed

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 205

Hi

It has been a couple of weeks since I last phoned PIP up for a form but did so yesterday. I was quite surprised when they offered to email it to our client so she could fill it online!

Is a nationwide thing or just a smaller pilot scheme?

As this is my first time doing one over email link, are there any specific problems that anyone has encountered? I’m presuming you can log in and out of the form or does it need to be completed in one go?

Thanks

Adam

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3544

Hi Adam

The PIP apply pilot has been going for a while - see https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/dwp-sets-out-plans-to-expand-its-pip-apply-pilot-to-further-test-the-use-of-an-online-version-of-the-pip-2-claim-form

Can’t answer your other questions tho I’m afraid…

JoW
forum member

Financial inclusion manager - Wythenshawe Community Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 343

Could the link be shared with an adviser, filled in by the adviser over the phone and then the claimant log on, agree to what has been written and then be submitted?

Sorry I haven’t seen one yet. Wondering if it allows advisers to complete and then claimant submit.

alang
forum member

Paisley South HA

Send message

Total Posts: 54

I have had this once and I got the client to email the link to me and I completed the form. It was actually a great way to assist remotely.

However, I have spoken to a few of the call handlers at the PIP service centre and it is still only a pilot, apparently the system generates the ability to do this randomly. So, unfortunately, it is only available if the computer says yes.

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 205

alang - 24 August 2021 06:48 PM

I have had this once and I got the client to email the link to me and I completed the form. It was actually a great way to assist remotely.

However, I have spoken to a few of the call handlers at the PIP service centre and it is still only a pilot, apparently the system generates the ability to do this randomly. So, unfortunately, it is only available if the computer says yes.

Yes I’ve asked the client to email me the link as well. Is it similar to other forms e.g UC where you can log in and out of the form to complete it?

Thanks Adam

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3544

I have had an email back via stakeholders which says -

... as it stands the current position is unchanged ie 500 customers per day are being offered the online process if appropriate.

The project are aware of the interest in full rollout and have agreed that if there are changes, they would let me know in order to update all.

I will just send them an email to confirm the position still stands and see if they do have anything further to share with me at this point which of course I will then share with you.