Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP telephony issues

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

I’ve just had this message through via stakeholder forum -

Our PIP telephony service is receiving a significant increase in demand due to some issues with the postal service.  We have implemented a short term solution whilst internal investigations continue and we are looking at options to increase our resource on the telephones to support our customers.

We will also open our telephony lines on Saturday 17th July from 8.30 to 3.30pm.

Whilst I appreciate that many of our customers (and you as their support network) must find this difficult, please be assured we are working hard to resolve this and I will keep you updated.

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Hmm, if they restored the automatic extensions for returning the PIP forms that might help them save a few thousand pointless phone calls a week

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

I was   on the telephone to PIP from about 10.50 to 11.45 am recently while I almost certainly know the answer to this to this   - is   it a record?

While their constant platitudes were practically   of   no help whatsoever I struggle to think how someone who for whatever reason struggles to maintain pnone contact would manage ...

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

Update on PIP telephony from DWP -

We are still continuing with our investigations and have identified that Royal Mail are facing disruption across the country due to COVID 19 restrictions and the number of staff self- isolating.  All our post either incoming or outgoing could be affected.  In addition we are still looking at some IT issues.

All of our Case Workers and Case Managers have clear guidance for addressing these issues as customers contact us.

Over the last day or so, the service we are delivering to our customers has improved significantly due to the increased resources we have deployed.

We are again opening our telephone lines this Saturday 24th July from 8am to 1pm by way of further support for our customers.

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

While   I would   not   doubt PIP staff are working no faster (or slower than previously) I do not think that waiting 45 minutes to get through is acceptable.

I do not doubt they are hard   pressed so are disabled   people   or those with all of the other issues which make life more frustrating whar ever that   might   be

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Daphne - 22 July 2021 09:37 AM

Update on PIP telephony from DWP -

We are still continuing with our investigations and have identified that Royal Mail are facing disruption across the country due to COVID 19 restrictions and the number of staff self- isolating.  All our post either incoming or outgoing could be affected.

Move over Bernstein and Woodward, there’s a new super sleuth in town… Is there the equivalent of a Pulitzer prize for investigations by government departments? I would like to nominate DWP if so.