Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Goodbye

< 1 2

neilbateman
forum member

Welfare Rights Author, Trainer & Consultant

Send message

Total Posts: 443

I have a large number of UT and Commissioners’ decisions in paper format.  Mostly on overpayments but also capital, LT, plus some PIP and ESA.  They include many which are not cited in the annotated legislation books and some which are quite old.

It would be a shame to put them in the paper recycling bin.  Does anyone want them?  All I ak is that postage is reimbursed.

Please email me if interested:  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Stainsby
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Plumstead Community Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 615

I have followed your posts on rightsnet for close on 20 years and they have always been a great help needless to say that you will be missed

I would be interested in those Commissioners and UT decisions but I was thinking that maybe they could be sent over to rightsnet and they could all be scanned and uploaded so everyone can use them notwithstanding that someone has to do the tedious job of scanning and indexing them

[ Edited: 7 Jun 2021 at 02:33 pm by Stainsby ]
neilbateman
forum member

Welfare Rights Author, Trainer & Consultant

Send message

Total Posts: 443

Good idea.  Quite a few were from Rightsnet originally, and they are not indexed, so it’s a case of spending some hours going through them.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

Be warned, when I was at CPAG, we decided to get all of our paper decisions scanned and shared with Rightsnet and it wasn’t cheap.

Stainsby
forum member

Send message

It costs us next to nothing to scan stuff   ( we’ve had to do this throughout the pandemic to facilitate remote working)

The real cost is the time it takes to do the scanning and then index the documents

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3776

Also reminds me of that time I met Patrick Hill at Euston station to take delivery of bags and bags and bags full of Bolton Council’s library of decisions that they were generously donating to us ... they were so heavy I had to stop at least three times on the way to Euston Square underground station less than 500m away 😂

Stainsby
forum member

Send message

Google maps puts the distance at 350 metres and if you had to stop at least three times before needing to stop , that would get you 4 points for Sch1PIP Mobility Descriptor 2(b)

Don’t think I could put much of a case for 8 points for 2(c)

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3776

Stainsby - 07 June 2021 04:38 PM

Google maps puts the distance at 350 metres ...

You’re assuming I was walking in a straight line!

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2000

shawn mach - 07 June 2021 04:40 PM
Stainsby - 07 June 2021 04:38 PM

Google maps puts the distance at 350 metres ...

You’re assuming I was walking in a straight line!

Ah, the Euston Tap?

Stainsby
forum member

Send message

If you were not walking in a straight line I will argue 8 points on 2(c) plus 12 points on 1(f) (cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or orientation aid)

Total 20 points bingo!
(Can I borrow your blue badge as I already have a freedom pass)