to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

UC escalation numbers

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

Just out of interest, has anyone had any success using these? I have a case where UC are ignoring everything on the journal and refusing to issue a decision we can challenge. The local partnership manager has simply repeated the incorrect information she was given by UC.

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1011

Rosie W - 13 May 2021 09:52 AM

Just out of interest, has anyone had any success using these? I have a case where UC are ignoring everything on the journal and refusing to issue a decision we can challenge. The local partnership manager has simply repeated the incorrect information she was given by UC.

Yes on odd occasions, and I know one of the CA’s going up the coast in an easterly direction has had some success.

But in all honesty, will either use the emails on page 8 or escalate via the MP.

I know there are regional differences with examples of good practice, but…..........there is no alternative for us.

forum member

Send message

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

Thanks for that - I’ve been told by the person listed with the number for Norwich that all the UC Dispute numbers are incorrect.. The number for the Stockton contact doesn’t work at all.

He was actually very helpful but was also pretty clear I shouldn’t be using any of those numbers in the future.

forum member

Send message

Rosie W - 13 May 2021 11:44 AM

Thanks for that - I’ve been told by the person listed with the number for Norwich that all the UC Dispute numbers are incorrect.. The number for the Stockton contact doesn’t work at all.

He was actually very helpful but was also pretty clear I shouldn’t be using any of those numbers in the future.

So the new numbers from March 2021 are out of date already? Very UC!!!!!!!!!!

Stainsby
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Plumstead Community Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 615

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District - 13 May 2021 11:29 AM

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/caselaw/item/appeal-rights-where-a-universal-credit-claim-has-been-closed-for-non-attendance-at-a-jobcentre-interview-whether-appealable-decision-is-subject-to-requirement-for-mandatory-reconsideration

Have a look at the above, may be an alternative remedy to appeal direct to HMCTS and bypass systemic impasses and MR’s etc etc.

I did not refer to PP at the time but I put the argument to a Tribunal in a Pension Credit case where my client’s claim had been “closed” because he did not phone them after receiving a text and subsequently a letter telling him to phone them

The pensions service “closed” the claim and the “closure letter” stated that this was because “we don’t have enough information to make a decision”

The appeal has been accepted as duly made without the need for an MR

I am awaiting the DWP’s submission