to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Transitional adult dep addition and working

simon_derbyshire
forum member

Welfare Benefits - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 8

Could really use a CPAG from 2013 right now… Tried CPAG online and the IB regs. Still stuck.

Partner wants to know what would be the effect on their benefits if she did some p/t work. Claimant receives ESA-C of £182.25, which includes LCWRA element and £68.15pw transitional amount (TA). He claimed IB before being transitioned to ESA. I’m guessing this TA is due to the adult dependant addition (long term incapacity + adult dep addition = £181.35pw though, so not quite the same amount). Her paperwork doesn’t explain the make up of the TA. I’m struggling to find a source to check the old IB rules about partner working and the adult dep addition - my logic tells me that there’s an issue with the partner working. Although I wonder if the adult dep addition is affected if it’s TA that’s actually in payment.

Many thanks

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3196

p.655 of CPAG 2020/21 under heading Transfers to employment and support allowance suggests the transitional amount is reduced by subsequent increases to ESA so I can’t see how the partner working would affect that necessarily, as the client is no longer receiving the adult addition with IB, they’re receiving the TA with ESA instead.