to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

“Page no longer available” error when claiming

Charles
forum member

Accountant, Haffner Hoff Ltd, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 1411

I have a client who is in the process of making a claim for UC. He has completed all the relevant sections of the claim besides for one section (relating to childcare costs) which he had started filling out but not completed. When he now tries to enter this last section, an error message appears, saying the page is “no longer available”.

I presume an update was made to the claim process after he started filling out that section, and that is causing this error.

There is no way for him to proceed online. He has called up multiple times, and has been promised callbacks etc, but nothing has happened.

I have told him he can start a new claim using a different email address, but he is really not eager to do that.

Any suggestions?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

I can ask via the stakeholder forum about his Charles if you like - not promising anything but sometimes they can do something…

Charles
forum member

Send message

Ok, great. Thanks!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

I wonder if anyone’s ever thought of inventing a widget for reporting a problem with a web page?

Oh hang on…

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

Charles - 20 April 2021 04:25 PM

Ok, great. Thanks!

OSEF finally come back to me and said if not sorted can they have customer details to investigate - if you still need it looking into Charles do you want to DM/email me NIno and any other details to pass on. Realise the horse has probably already bolted!

Charles
forum member

Send message

I just gave him a call. He told me that eventually a work coach managed to get the claim cancelled and he just started again.

Thanks anyway!