Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP form extensions

AlexJ
forum member

Trafford Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 179

Hello all

I have just called PIP to ask for an extension on a claim form for a client, and I was told that over the weekend, all PIP claimants have been given an extension to 3 months from the date that the claim form was issued, to return the form.

I forgot to ask whether this applies to review forms or whether it’s just new forms.

Anyway, this may be useful to know. I would always suggest calling PIP to check that the extension has been applied to a particular claimant as this is at the moment just something I was told. The lady at Blackpool I spoke to said they’d had an email about it from the powers that be. Perhaps there’ll be an official announcement.

Cheers

Alex

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 205

Do you know if this applies retrospectively as I’ve just had to put in an MR for a client whose claim was closed due to not returning the form within the deadline?

I really hope so!!

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

I don’t know what is going on with this but I have had 2 clients ring for PIP2 extensions this week. One was given 70 days (and told this was applying to everyone automatically) and the other 87 days.