Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Covid-19 issues  →  Thread

Call for claimants who have not received full UC during pandemic

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3548

From Open Democracy -

My name is Oscar Rickett, I am a journalist working on a project called the Unlawful State, for openDemocracy. OpenDemocracy is an independent, campaigning publication and website, the project can be viewed here https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/openjustice/human-rights-coronavirus/. I have also worked for the Guardian, Independent, ITN and Channel 4, among others.

I am hoping to speak to someone who has had trouble with their universal credit during the pandemic. I have been told particularly about people who could be around £330 a month worse off because face-to-face work capability assessments are not taking place during the pandemic and the DWP think a phone assessment/paper-based decision is not appropriate. If anyone has clients who have had this experience or other examples of where full benefit has not been paid causing hardship, I would love to hear from them. We would publish the interview as a first-person testimony, which they would read before it was published. The testimony can be anonymous, if necessary.

My phone number is 07967 829 739 and my email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). I am also available on WhatsApp or on Signal, with the same phone number. Very best wishes.

[ Edited: 23 Nov 2020 at 09:35 am by Daphne ]