Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Appeal Forms

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 204

Hi

I have a client who’s been turned down for PIP so I’m helping her complete the PIP appeal form.

Due to her health conditions, she stays in Portugal for 2 months of the year (November/December).  Her brother is sending me the decision letter so no issues with that, however, I’m struggling to think of a way possibly round her getting to sign the form - does anyone have any suggestions?

If I explain her situation in the form as to why it’ll be a late appeal, will HMCTS accept our reasons?

Thanks

Adam

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Caseworker - CHAC, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 259

You could do it online? I believe several of my colleagues have now done this with the client on the phone and the adviser completing the form on their computer. It’s worked well by all accounts and avoids signature issues.

https://www.appeal-benefit-decision.service.gov.uk/benefit-type

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 204

CHAC Adviser - 17 November 2020 09:49 AM

You could do it online? I believe several of my colleagues have now done this with the client on the phone and the adviser completing the form on their computer. It’s worked well by all accounts and avoids signature issues.

https://www.appeal-benefit-decision.service.gov.uk/benefit-type

Brilliant - Thank you!

I’m so used to doing it by paper form that I forgot about the online version

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

The online form still needs to be signed, so either way you need a mandate.

EDIT: If you do have a mandate, I think HMCTS would accept it on paper as well, for that matter.