to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

ESA MR postal address when no decision?

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Think this has been brought up a few times before, but couldn’t find the thread.

I have a client with a suspended irESA claim - it’s a co-habitation case, and DWP have made a decision on the alleged partner’s claim to disallow his separate ESA claim from 2017.
However, rather than stopping her claim too, they are keeping it ‘live, but suspended’ until His appeal can be decided (or they agree to claim as a couple).

I managed to squeeze out of DWP the date that a decision was made to suspend her claim, and from what date it was suspended (she only found out about any of this when her money stopped).

Thinking I can submit an MR on this basis, but not sure where to send it to?

I’m off on leave today, so would appreciate a quick response. so I can get this started before I leave.

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3129

Suspension isn’t appealable, so it isn’t really an MR in that sense. You can still ask for the suspension to be lifted - it would just go to the office dealing with the claim (probably your normal local ESA BC) in default of their being another address on the letterhead of the letter advising of suspension.

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

I knew that… Sorry, been a very long day trying to resolve a host of issues for these two clients.