to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP How your disability affects you form

Stuart G
forum member

Rainbow Money Advice, Barnet

Send message

Total Posts: 39

Is there a Word version of the PIP ‘How your disability affects you’ available online?

Client needs help completing this PIP2 form.  I’m not doing face-to-face appointments so can’t sit down with them and help them to complete the form.  They have literacy problems and cannot complete the form themselves (even with my guidance over the phone.  The only way I can complete the form for them is if there is a Word template available.  All I’ve found so far are pdf versions with ‘sample’ printed on them.

metahome
forum member

Citizen's Advice Reading

Send message

Total Posts: 9

Do a Google search for “Simplified PIP”. You should find the LexisNexis tool which will allow you to fill it in online then print (or PDF and send to client) and staple to the original PIP form. Remember to write on the original form a note referring to to the attached form.

Stuart G
forum member

Send message

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I can see how to complete and print.  However, client doesn’t have time to provide the information for one session, and I can’t work out how to save part of the form and return to it later.

MickD
forum member

Welfare Rights Derbyshire County County

Send message

Total Posts: 101

Stuart,

Click on ‘save’ in the top left hand corner.  You will then have a small file (.json file from memory) in your download folder or on your desktop depending upon where your downloaded files are usually stored.  When you want to resume, go back to the website and click on ‘load’ in the top left hand corner and you will be prompted to find the .json file on your computer.  Click on that and all the previous data should be reloaded.  If you save again the file will be called .json1 etc etc.

You can’t open the file on your computer without going back to the website and uploading it there.

Stuart G
forum member

Send message

Thanks.  I’ll give it a go.  Slightly nervous about saving it and hoping the online version will still be there when I need it…

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

You can always write it up in Word etc, and fill the form later.

Also a good idea to ensure that your client encloses the original PIP2 when posting the form, otherwise DWP may not accept it.

Stuart G
forum member

Send message

Thanks.  I’ve received a lot of useful tips from several people.  I might not have been able to help this client without the quick responses from so many of you.  Much appreciated.