to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  The Social  →  Thread

Missing Vivaldi?

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

Limmy has done the nation a service by recording this techno version, although it may not last long enough to replicate the waiting experience for some listeners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJOHh9rX_Q

Carolyn McA
forum member

Adviser, Citizens Advice and Rights Fife

Send message

Total Posts: 53

Among many reasons to not be best pleased with DWP, what they have done to Vivaldi is on my list.

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

An hour 20 minutes and counting on hold to ESA with whatever the current soporific dirge is playing out my speakerphone I am almost tempted to say, bring back Vivaldi all is forgiven

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 390

As part of the Citizens Advice Help to Claim set up we get very easy access to UC and it was something of a blast from the past to ring ESA earlier in the week and spend 45+ minutes on hold. To give credit where it is due when they did pick up they were very helpful, which has not always been the case.

Any reputable advice organisation can apply use the HMRC adviser line and its about time that all reputable organisations had dedicated numbers to get through to DWP branches.

Cl’s are often confused and uncertain and not very familiar with the rules but as we generally know what we want and are able to explain it clearly and quickly I would guess that this would actually save DWP time in the long run?

ninja9girl
forum member

Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 35

ROBBO - 19 June 2020 08:06 AM

Limmy has done the nation a service by recording this techno version, although it may not last long enough to replicate the waiting experience for some listeners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJOHh9rX_Q

Sorry Rob that’s dreadful

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

Well, it might be a bit repetitive if you’‘ve been listening to it since last June.

I guess.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Is it toddler with a Stylophone?

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

ROBBO - 13 May 2021 02:23 PM

Well, it might be a bit repetitive if you’‘ve been listening to it since last June.

I guess.

And let’s face it, if DWP had been using it then there’s every chance you would have been.

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 390

I guess.

( adopts Yorkshire accent)    First Welf - “You’ve only been on hold since last June- luxury, when I were a lad we had to stand on top of a hill in a blizzard and contact ESA by semaphore and we were grateful if they even looked out of the window…......”    Second Welf ” You had it easy…...........”

( with apologies to Monty Python and, of course, everyone from Yorkshire)

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Pete at CAB - 13 May 2021 04:44 PM

I guess.

( adopts Yorkshire accent)    First Welf - “You’ve only been on hold since last June- luxury, when I were a lad we had to stand on top of a hill in a blizzard and contact ESA by semaphore and we were grateful if they even looked out of the window…......”    Second Welf ” You had it easy…...........”

( with apologies to Monty Python and, of course, everyone from Yorkshire)

Except ..... when they were lads Sickness and Invalidity Benefit were administered locally and you could speak to them face to face or get through on the phone. If you were a welf you probably knew the names of all the section supervisors / decision makers / appeals officers, might bump into them in the street or even share a pint and a good moan about ‘the system’ (and beer was 3/6 a pint).

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

And you could send the client down to get a counter payment. Who would have thought they would become the good old days.

[ Edited: 14 May 2021 at 09:57 am by Rosie W ]
Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 466

No… not in the slightest.

Ask me in a couple of years… or maybe 10.

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

Dan Manville - 14 May 2021 10:27 AM

No… not in the slightest.

Ask me in a couple of years… or maybe 10.

I’ll be well into my retirement by then Dan!