to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Covid-19 issues  →  Thread

COVID-19 FAQs in journal

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

I’ve had an email via stakeholder forum advising that UC claimants can see a red box at the top of their account with a title ‘Coronavirus (COVID 19) and Universal Credit’. It advises claimants to read important information about Coronavirus (COVID 19) and Universal Credit, and gives them a link which takes them to some FAQ’s.

Attached is the current list of what they see…

DWP have said they will update us when this gets changed so will post any further versions.

File Attachments

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

Thanks Daphne, that’s useful to know.

Graham Summers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Welfare Rights Service, Leicester City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 53

Daphne,

Could you ask at your stakeholder meetings whether the Genuine Prospect of Work test will be relaxed in line with other types of UC/new-style JSA conditionality?

In Leicester we have seen two cases where UC has been refused to EU families during the period covered by the regulations ending conditionality i.e. since 30/03/20.

Thanks,

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

HI Graham

I saw your post at https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/16112/ - as Will says you should be able to use [2020] UKUT 50 (AAC) to challenge the decision if they have worked for a year and had retained status.

However, for those that aren’t covered by this I will put in an inquiry for sure and also draw their attention to the caselaw! If you want to direct message/email be a bit more detail then I can include that.