to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Covid-19 issues  →  Thread

Free e-learning on Coronavirus and Benefits

Glenys
forum member

Housing Systems, Leeds

Send message

Total Posts: 206

Housing Systems have put together an e-learning module on Coronavirus and Benefits.
This is freely available to everyone.
The team at Housing Systems hope you find it useful and would encourage you to share it with colleagues in other roles, such as housing workers or social workers, who might find it helpful too.
The module can be found here -
https://www.housingsystems.co.uk/COVID-19/E-Learning

Bram@Ladywood
forum member

Ladywood Community Advice Service Birmingham

Send message

Total Posts: 31

Thanks very much for posting this. I have circulated it to all our volunteers

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Great resource. Just skimming through it now, before passing it on to some of the staff/volunteers here.

- The slide on SSP states it’s only available for ‘employees’. I don’t do much employment advice these days, but I think it extends to many ‘workers’ too, at the very least to the extent that I would encourage most workers to seek advice if they aren’t paid SSP, and to ask for an SSP1.
Also, the requirement to have a contract is a bit misleading, since anyone in some form of remunerative work technically have a contract.

Glenys
forum member

Housing Systems, Leeds

Send message

Total Posts: 206

Thanks so much for the endorsement Va!der, and for the feedback.
It’s always a fine line between giving information that’s useful for a broad section of learners, using general terms that make sense to the layperson, and giving specific terms that apply in employment law. Especially as some terms could mean one thing in benefit law and another in employment law!
Next time it’s updated we’ll add a message at the start, along with the “Assumptions” to the effect that we are using general terminology rather than specifically employment terms.
Cheers
Glenys