Some updates from DWP - visiting service, PIP1 form online, and LA questions

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

Via stakeholders forum -

Visiting service arrangements

DWP Visiting Service has suspended all routine face-to-face home visits but will be prioritising visits for customers who are most vulnerable, ensuring that benefit payments can be made or safeguarding checks undertaken.

For our partners who make referrals to DWP Visiting, please continue to do so in the same way you do at present. For all visit referrals we will undertake a risk-based assessment, ensuring they meet the criteria above and decide the best way to support the customer. Those customers who do not meet the criteria will instead be contacted by telephone or letter.

PIP

Some members have also asked about the possibility of have the PIP 1 form on-line. I’ve been in contact with colleagues who have informed me they are urgently exploring the feasibility of this suggestion. I’ll let you know as soon as we have anything to share.

LA/LGA related members

Housing Delivery Division have set up a dedicated team to ensure all issues and questions from LAs relating to Covid-19 are logged and answered.

All queries can be sent to the following email address - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

To ensure consistent messages are sent out to Local Authorities, Housing Delivery Division are producing a weekly Covid-19 related bulletin sent weekly each Monday.

SG LB C
forum member

Income Maximisation Team LB Camden

Send message

Total Posts: 46

Thanks Daphne.
It would be great for the PIP1 to be online.

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

SG LB C - 31 March 2020 02:09 PM

Thanks Daphne.
It would be great for the PIP1 to be online.

I think we’ll only get a sample form for reference, not one that can actually be used. I assume the PIP1 follows the script that the PIP claim call handler uses, so it’s useful to see it sometimes in order to help clients know what they will be asked when they make the call.

There is a sample PIP1 here, but I suspect it’s now out of date.

JP 007
forum member

Welfare rights - Dundee City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 96

I spent some time ringing some local (Scotland) DWP escalation numbers yesterday trying to get an email address for submitting PIP and ESA mandatory reconsiderations. We are all working from home and probably will be for some time so now is the time for the DWP to introduce more email and online routes. We don’t all have access to printers and scanning under the present circumstances, but the option to processes online and submitting documents by email is very hit and miss with some of the email addresses we have used previously.
While a online PIP1 is handy a PIP2 would be much more useful as we could complete over the phone with clients.
We used to email PIP MR’s to DWP Chorlton but this was stopped some 6 months ago and they all have to be sent by mail.  ESA MR’s used to be emailed to a customer services email address at our local delivery office (Clydebank) but I did not get much encouragement from the person at Clydebank I spoke to that these would be picked up any time soon. She had no alternative address to email to though.

tarzier
forum member

The Regard Partnership, Kingston

Send message

Total Posts: 54

Does anyone have a clerical PIP1 form, I could have a copy of please?

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

JP 007 - 01 April 2020 10:20 AM

While a online PIP1 is handy a PIP2 would be much more useful as we could complete over the phone with clients.

See the form produced her by AdviceShop - https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewreply/74811/ - you can fill in over phone and claimant can send off with barcoded form.

JP 007
forum member

Welfare rights - Dundee City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 96

Daphne - 01 April 2020 12:55 PM
JP 007 - 01 April 2020 10:20 AM

See the form produced her by AdviceShop - https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewreply/74811/ - you can fill in over phone and claimant can send off with barcoded form.

Many thanks for this. I just had a call back from guy at Clydebank (that I talked to yesterday re. PIP mr’s via email)
He has consulted relevant group and advises there is no secure system set up as yet for submitting confidential papers via email but he has raised the issue.

Geri-G
forum member

Welfare reform team - North Ayrshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 91

Would be helpful to have the renewal form also

AdviceShop
forum member

Advice shop - West Lothian Council

Send message

Total Posts: 85

Geri-G - 02 April 2020 12:11 PM

Would be helpful to have the renewal form also

Hi Geri

Here is the review form my colleague created.

Peter

File Attachments

Inverclyde HSCP Advice Services
forum member

Inverclyde Council

Send message

Total Posts: 142

I emailed our local Delivery Partnership team 2 weeks ago asking if they are considering using the Alternative Formats Team for PIP2s. I was told it was business as usual and haven’t heard from them since.

They email an interactive PDF form to the client and we can assist them remotely. They would not email it to me directly, it had to go to the client so therein lies a problem. I used the Alternative Formats Team last year for a client who was housebound and wouldn’t allow people in their home.

The facility is there.

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Any progress on online/email provisions (for PIP MRs in particular)?

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

I’ve not had anything further to date I’m afraid