Online PIP2

< 1 2

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 466

Sally63 - 08 January 2021 11:42 AM

both this and the UC50 have to be signed. Do they ever overlook this?

I doubt they would, but if it weren’t signed the claim would be defective and should be returned to the claimant to rectify the defect.

That might be a way around needing to send it on to the claimant… Certainly for PIP claims anyhoo,

A UC50 isn’t covered by the C&P regs so presumably doesn’t actually need to be signed.

Jon Shaw
forum member

Welfare Rights Worker, CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 33

Geri-G - 11 January 2021 11:46 AM

Does anyone have a DLA form for children online version that I can complete? I found the version on DWP website, but only allows you to print and scan in (which is difficult and cumbersome when WFH)

Looking at the gov.uk page history, it looks like they have taken down the interactive version as the form has changed slightly following le grand depart (the Brexit-y one, at 11pm on 31 December). So for EEA nationals you might need to make sure that you give the information they are asking for even if someone does have a copy (I don’t, sorry).

Jon

Jon Shaw
forum member

Welfare Rights Worker, CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 33

Dan Manville - 11 January 2021 12:14 PM
Sally63 - 08 January 2021 11:42 AM

both this and the UC50 have to be signed. Do they ever overlook this?

I doubt they would, but if it weren’t signed the claim would be defective and should be returned to the claimant to rectify the defect.

That might be a way around needing to send it on to the claimant… Certainly for PIP claims anyhoo,

A UC50 isn’t covered by the C&P regs so presumably doesn’t actually need to be signed.

The PIP2 isn’t the claim form, though. Looking at the current sample PIP2 on gov.uk there doesn’t seem to even be a clear statement linking the signature to giving consent to contact the health professionals named on it. But there is a very clear statement that you won’t get paid any PIP unless you sign the declaration.

No idea what the legal basis of that is, but it suggests that getting it signed is probably a good idea if at all possible…

Jon