to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

The roll-out that never ends.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 2050

Office for Budget Responsibility has now shifted their forecast about when the roll-out of UC will be completed from ” a June 2024 end-point to September 2026”

See p.105 of the OBR Economic and fiscal outlook – March 2020

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1508

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 12 March 2020 12:43 PM

Office for Budget Responsibility has now shifted their forecast about when the roll-out of UC will be completed from ” a June 2024 end-point to September 2026”

See p.105 of the OBR Economic and fiscal outlook – March 2020

Anything that rolls must come to a stand at some point. The question is whether it come to a stand (end) gently or catastrophically! Which must also apply to heads?

Mairi
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 196

I’m sure in the old Rightsnet poll, I went for full roll-out being completed in 2045.  So time yet….

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 24

A new low? 9 years late… 7 years to migrate everyone from IB to ESA; 4 years late. God knows how long it’ll take them to finish the DLA to PIP conversion which is already 4 years late and they never managed to transfer all the Child Dep additions to Tax Credits.

Par for the course I’d say.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1643

Y’know, at this rate I may have to stop believing in DWP’s grand claims of sweeping success.

Chart 3.4 on page 105 is a thing of beauty: compare the confident upward sweep of the DWP’s 2013 assumptions with the later, feeble tendrils stretching hopelessly out with no end in sight…..