to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Anytime revision bafflement

SarahSilcox
forum member

Bridport & District Citizens Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 5

I’m helping a client challenge a decision to place her in the WRAG following a WCA in 2017 on the grounds of “official error”, and seeking an anytime revision of the original decision in order to get her moved into support group. Got a call from DWP yesterday (following my submission of anytime revision request by letter) saying “it’s too late to submit an MR”. I explained that I had not submitted an MR, but an anytime revision. She said “we don’t do those here”... “and anyway, you’re too late to submit an MR” (!). I explained again that I was not submitting an MR and asked her to whom I should address the anytime revision, if not her. She went off to speak to a colleague and came back and told me “we’ve found some guidance and are going to read it, and will get back to you”. She would not give me a telephone number (other than the main ESA enquiries line), leaving a concern as to whether I will ever hear anything again ref this client’s case and, if I do not, how to get back to the correct DWP team. Any observations welcome! [I do have the agent’s name, but am not posting]

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3135

If this drags on then send a final letter outlining the relevant law and send a copy to the DWP solicitor’s office.

Put c. c DWP - solicitor’s office at the bottom of your letter to the DWP