× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Apprenticeship for Welfare Rights

Mollyanna
forum member

Advice Team, Southway Housing Trust, Didsbury, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 4

Hi,
I hope some of my fellow Advisers can help me.
As myself and my team are of a certain age and we have a wealth of knowledge with regards to benefits , law, appeal representation etc. We are worried that this knowledge is not being passed on to future Advisers. This was brought up in a Social Value Symposium we held last year. Out of this our board allowed for an Apprentice in our next financial year budget., which my Manager has asked if I can get this up and running for April.
This was great news, but to get the training levy the apprentice needs to attend an approved course and get a Qualification.
I have found the one and only approved course and spoke to the training organization , but you need at least 7 participants for it to be up and running.
It is a level 4 Apprenticeship which is 12-18th months.
So I am asking is there any other organisation looking at this?
Especially in the Greater Manchester Area. As I am ready to go, but need another 6 Advice Deliverers to look at this opportunity.  I just think it will go towards safeguarding the future of Good Quality Advice .

I await in anticipation to see if there is any interest.