to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP - RF/MH Type Reassessment Delays & Issues

Ryan Bradshaw
forum member

Leigh Day, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 110

This issue keeps cropping up and enough is enough. I am wanting to take it on.

Things have seemingly been a little quiet on this since 2018 but I am aware that a number of people are still awaiting reassessment and that there are ongoing issues with the descriptors being incorrectly applied.

I’d be really grateful if some of you could detail the issues that you have had in ensuring the RF/MH decisions are adhered to by decision makers and any details of delays in reassessment. I can’t find an FOI but it seems like someone must have out one in - for now anecdotal evidence will do.

I need wider evidence to back up my application for funding to pursue this matter on behalf of an individual who is still awaiting the outcome of a reassessment and is continually being fobbed off by the DM.

Cheers.

Ryan Bradshaw
forum member

Leigh Day, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 110

It looks like the DWP are pressing ahead with a review of all outstanding cases.

We understand they are doing so using automated decision making based on their previous reviews and no doubt relying on data from their woeful medicals. The estimated proportion of people likely to receive backdated benefits has fallen from 14% to 0.5% - that seems to suggest the goalposts have unlawfully shifted…

People should start receiving letters from them within the next few months which will say whether they will receive a backdate or not.

If one of your service users receives such a letter, and disagrees with the outcome, we would be happy to try and assist. If your organisation has an interest in this issue then let us know.

If anyone wants further details drop me a line and I am more than happy to discuss where we think this is going and how we can tackle it.

It has been a long time for this injustice to rear its ugly head again, we need to show that it has not been forgotten and that the DWP can’t simply wait out decisions they don’t like and then hope we will give up and go away.