to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Housing costs  →  Thread

L G Ombudsman’s decision in Scarborough BC 01/C/13400 - copy please

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

This LGO decision is often referred to but is not available on the LGO website (archive does not go back that far).

Does anyone have a copy or can point me to a link?

PW
forum member

Paddock Wood Community Advice Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 17

Hi, could not find direct case, have you tried calling LGO direct, but found it referenced in CH/3497/2005 where the Judge stated his source for the case - not sure if it helps but best I can find.

“I note, however, from the CPAG volume on Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit Legislation, 18th edition, 2005/2006, at p.957 that the Local Government Ombudsman has made it clear in a report in Complaint No.01/C/13400 against Scarborough BC that authorities should aim to refer all appeals to the Appeal Service within 28 days.  Even the unfulfilled promise in August 2004 to refer the long overdue 2003 appeals within 6 weeks did not meet that requirement.”

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Willow - 01 December 2019 11:58 AM

Hi, could not find direct case, have you tried calling LGO direct, but found it referenced in CH/3497/2005 where the Judge stated his source for the case - not sure if it helps but best I can find.

“I note, however, from the CPAG volume on Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit Legislation, 18th edition, 2005/2006, at p.957 that the Local Government Ombudsman has made it clear in a report in Complaint No.01/C/13400 against Scarborough BC that authorities should aim to refer all appeals to the Appeal Service within 28 days.  Even the unfulfilled promise in August 2004 to refer the long overdue 2003 appeals within 6 weeks did not meet that requirement.”

Unfortunately the LGO do not retain a copy of any decisions in any format going back that far! Although its often referred to a copy does not appear to be available from any of the usual sources!