to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

UC - uploading documents

JPCHC
forum member

Cardinal Hume Centre - Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 186

Belfast Service Centre had previously been creating uploads whenever we requested, but today the team leader advised that they’d reviewed their policy in light of GDPR and it was being stopped with immediate effect.

The only documents they can accept by upload are MED3s, CVs and evidence of childcare costs.  She advised that this was to comply with GDPR and stop sensitive information being retained.  I have no idea why they can take MED3s but not a letter from the school saying her son is in full-time education.

How are claimants with a full-time job meant to be able to get to the Jobcentre to provide the information? Is this everyone’s experience?

Many thanks

AgeScotJo
forum member

Veterans' Project, Age Scotland, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 6

This has been my experience too (personal experience rather than casework as an adviser). I have twice had to take time off work to go to the JCP. Not to mention the hours I have spent on the telephone to them and talking to them via the Journal. It is beyond frustrating.

NeverSayNo
forum member

Welfare rights department - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 195

JPCHC - 18 September 2019 01:47 PM

How are claimants with a full-time job meant to be able to get to the Jobcentre to provide the information? Is this everyone’s experience?

Local job centre were very helpful when UC first crept our way in December. They had a policy of making appointments after hours for those in full time work. Now 9mths later and requests for these appointments are met with “this is only done in rare cases” and in very recent cases the appointment was made for just 15mins after client finished work - no understanding of client having childcare issues or travel to/from work time. Very disappointing approach to a “bespoke” benefit adjusted for clients’ individual needs.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

The refusal to accept uploads has nothing to do with GDPR and everything to do with workloads - see previous thread

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/14288/