LCW - UC - work preparation

National Debtline
forum member

Information department - National Debtline, Birmingham

Send message

Total Posts: 25

Hello all,

It’s been a very long day.

My client has been found to have LCW (UC)  NOT WRAG and been placed in the work preparation group. She is aged 62 years of age and has been awarded the following points -

coping with change 9 POINTS
getting around unfamiliar places - 6 POINTS

I understand that s not entitled to LCW element as she has applied for UC after April 2017 is that correct or am I missing something?

I will take her case to tribunal just wondering what you’re thoughts are -

62 years of age unlikely to find work?

Stuart
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 890

That all sounds right to me - no LCW element unless it can link back to pre April 2017 in some way, and work preparation group while accepted as only have LCW - but work coach required to adapt approach to account for her health condition. Appealing for LCWRA has its risks of opening up LCW decision although no monetary risks there - and of course worth looking at PIP too.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

IJ v SSWP (IB) [2010] UKUT 408 (AAC)

Thanks to Martin Williams for pointing this out here It refers to reg 29 but applies just as evenly to reg 35/sch9 para 4

I’ve had a lot of success running an argument along these lines; basically that the Dept would just do peoples’ heads in flogging claimants with pointless WRA and, especially in mental health cases, it poses a risk that one can’t sensibly ignore.

[ Edited: 17 Sep 2019 at 09:48 am by Dan_Manville ]