to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

UC recon delays

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Is it just me or has the dispute resolution process broken down?

I’ve got a couple now that have been outstanding for more than 3 months. Both closures of transitional claims so I need them reopen to restore LCWRAEs

The case managers just reiterate “we can’t give timescales” and I can feel their frustration too.

Time to start yelling I suspect…

dizzymare
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Dudley MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 318

it isn’t just you Dan. Seems that once a case goes off to the team of ‘decision makers’ wherever they might be, it just disappears. No one seems to be able to push them (even the partnership team tell me that they cant get involved) and neither can the case managers. I seem to spend all my time just chasing cases now. Ive just read the post on rightsnet about M recon ‘computer says no’ and that is pretty much a representation of what is going on, Requests for recon not being treated as such; waiting months for an answer and if the answer is still no, being told that we now can ask for an M recon!  ... all just drags out the process. Then if you do get to register an appeal, you wait months for a bundle (if you ever get one) and even the Tribunal’s are issuing directions to UC to produce a bundle! its ridiculous

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1011

dizzymare - 19 July 2019 04:54 PM

it isn’t just you Dan. Seems that once a case goes off to the team of ‘decision makers’ wherever they might be, it just disappears. No one seems to be able to push them (even the partnership team tell me that they cant get involved) and neither can the case managers. I seem to spend all my time just chasing cases now. Ive just read the post on rightsnet about M recon ‘computer says no’ and that is pretty much a representation of what is going on, Requests for recon not being treated as such; waiting months for an answer and if the answer is still no, being told that we now can ask for an M recon!  ... all just drags out the process. Then if you do get to register an appeal, you wait months for a bundle (if you ever get one) and even the Tribunal’s are issuing directions to UC to produce a bundle! its ridiculous

The above sums it all up!

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I feared this situation might evolve when they introduced MR. What’s to be done about it I wonder?