Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

NAO wants case studies relating to overpayments/underpayments in CA, PC and UC - can you help?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

The National Audit Office (NAO) has contacted rightsnet/NAWRA to help with its investigation into over and underpayments in carer’s allowance, pension credit and universal credit (including tax credit payments going over into UC). In particular it is looking at -

- why fraud and error is rising?
- what can DWP do to achieve a lower level?

The NAO is looking for case studies that highlight -

- what is going wrong and why?
- is it something the DWP should have spotted eg something that was within the Department’s knowledge such as cessation of a disability benefit?
- is there other action the DWP could be taking to minimise overpayments/underpayments happening?
- is it something going wrong with an interdepartmental system such as RTI?

I would be really grateful for any case studies you can send me that demonstrate any of the issues above or any other overpayment/underpayment issues and also the hardship it causes.

Please email any to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) - thank you :)

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3546

A quick bump on this - thanks for everyone that has contacted me but I have my meeting with the NAO next week and could do with a bit more evidence if anyone has stuff - ideally by the end of this week as I need to send a report in advance of my meeting on wednesday…