to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

Reg 21 UC (TP) Regs 2014

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

We have a client with a ‘credits only claim’  with LCWRA (i.e. Regulation 8B ‘credits for Limited Capability for work’ Social Security (Credits) Regulations 1975) with capital less than £16,000 who we are helping to claim UC.

Am i right in thinking that Reg 21 UC (TP) Regs 2014 allows client to carry over their ‘credits only claim’ LCWRA status into their UC claim and be entitled to the LCWRA element along with the standard element etc from the first assessment period?

AdviceShop
forum member

Advice shop - West Lothian Council

Send message

Total Posts: 85

Yep, and ADM M6220 is the relevant section you usually need to quote on the journal to actually have it actioned otherwise the usual request for fit-notes and UC50 etc happens

forum member

Send message

AdviceShop - 11 April 2019 03:31 PM

Yep, and ADM M6220 is the relevant section you usually need to quote on the journal to actually have it actioned otherwise the usual request for fit-notes and UC50 etc happens

Thanks Advice shop that’s really handy! My brain was hurting, needed affirmation!

Attached a link for others below and to save people time pages 511 - 514 in Sweet and Maxwell

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/778278/admm6.pdf

Actually its a phone claim via the CITA help to claim unlike the usual phone claims i.e. through the enquiry line. We have a special escalation phone claims number.

DWP please extend to non Cabbies asap! Think it is imperative!

Parallels with usual phone claims - early days but appears to work by ringing up and arranging an appointment for the DWP to ring back client either at home or in this case here in the bureau (client very vulnerable).

We plan to cite the legislation, but the ADM link is a really handy addition.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I’ve got a case ongoing where; likely becasue ESA wasn’t in payment, it’s come back to JCP that there was no claim subsisting so no component has been awarded.

That and, because they’re insisting a WCA needs to be carried out they’ve refused to reconsider their decision not to award the LCWRAE!!!

We are not amused.

forum member

Send message

Dan Manville - 12 April 2019 11:42 AM

I’ve got a case ongoing where; likely becasue ESA wasn’t in payment, it’s come back to JCP that there was no claim subsisting so no component has been awarded.

That and, because they’re insisting a WCA needs to be carried out they’ve refused to reconsider their decision not to award the LCWRAE!!!

We are not amused.

Not the least bit surprised!

We’re anticipating something similar, hence desperate from the get go to cite the relevant mantra and guidance in the call, and the trip to the jobcentre, and MP if there is early obstruction.

Client has a health condition you will be very familiar in your work place setting with lots of disinhibited behaviour. So will be interesting to observe their behaviour towards her as a ‘vulnerable customer’.