to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Credits only claim and fit notes

unhindered by talent
forum member

Welfare Rights Team, Aberdeenshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 447

Client applied for CBESA to get NI credits (does not meet contribution conditions and husband works over 24 hours). Her fit note has gone missing so I emailed it to the relevant benefit centre asking them to log it.

Their reply to my request that they log the fit note

‘Customer does not satisfy 2nd NI contributions condition for ESA©.
Claim currently credits only.’

Which I was fully aware of but are they suggesting that there’s no need to log the fit note as it’s a credits-only claim?

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1011

unhindered by talent - 14 March 2019 09:59 AM

Client applied for CBESA to get NI credits (does not meet contribution conditions and husband works over 24 hours). Her fit note has gone missing so I emailed it to the relevant benefit centre asking them to log it.

Their reply to my request that they log the fit note

‘Customer does not satisfy 2nd NI contributions condition for ESA©.
Claim currently credits only.’

Which I was fully aware of but are they suggesting that there’s no need to log the fit note as it’s a credits-only claim?

Mmmmmmmmmmm how she does provide evidence of LCW while waiting for the WCA assessment if she does not provide fit notes (forgive the weary tone but i’m hindered by UC fatigue and tidden true as they say in Somerset).

1. Fit notes can be forwarded online so regardless of what has been advised they are there on the system (i’m hopeless on links google ESA fit notes on online).

For completeness Sweet and Maxwell volume 3 pages 858 - 862 SS (med evid) regs 1976 i.e. evidence of LCW reg 2 page 856. Oh and attached FOI which has the dadaist line that DWP person will advise etc etc.

File Attachments

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1011

unhindered by talent
forum member

Welfare Rights Team, Aberdeenshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 447

Thanks, fortunately I managed to send the fit note via gov.uk!