Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Universal Credit - “Mandatory reconsideration because you haven’t a change of winning” dissuasion phone call by UC CM

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1011

Self-explanatory - We help client with MR application via journal (i.e. what happens in Ballymena has a potential wider audience than Ballymena i.e. HMCTS in Cardiff and our local venue in Weymouth (has lots of character) on the stunningly beautiful Jurassic coast)!

Anyway, client phoned by UC CM and was asked if he wants to continue with MR because he won’t win etc etc and so on and so forth!

Island_Advice
forum member

Welfare Rights Caseworker, Island Advice Centre, London

Send message

Total Posts: 22

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District - 08 March 2019 03:59 PM

Self-explanatory - We help client with MR application via journal (i.e. what happens in Ballymena has a potential wider audience than Ballymena i.e. HMCTS in Cardiff and our local venue in Weymouth (has lots of character) on the stunningly beautiful Jurassic coast)!

Anyway, client phoned by UC CM and was asked if he wants to continue with MR because he won’t win etc etc and so on and so forth!

I’ve had similar incidents where client’s are being dissuaded and misguided on following the MR procedure. It’s basically a form of gatekeeping at this point but I always just encourage the person to push ahead with the request regardless.