Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Consent issues

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Something for stakeholders maybe?

When i ring JCP the robot is checking ID now and it’s asking for the bank sort code by rote. Obvs in the vast majority of cases I haven’t got that so am being redirected. Maybe if it was asking for information consistent with the implicit consent guidance it would be less bother for them as well as us?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

Is that the universal credit helpline Dan? And do you mean the automated stuff before you get through? If you can give me a bit more info I’ll certainly raise it

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Daphne - 08 February 2019 03:51 PM

Is that the universal credit helpline Dan? And do you mean the automated stuff before you get through? If you can give me a bit more info I’ll certainly raise it

It’s ESA, they’ve introduced an automated process at the beginning of the call where the robot asks for ID info; NINo, whether the claimant receives HB, and… bank sort code. Where I can’t provide the sort code the call gets diverted to someone who tells me “you’ve been diverted here because you couldn’t satisfy security” then goes on to answer my enquiry.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

I’m guessing a lot of claimants won’t necessarily know their sort code offhand, so seems a strange one to put it - i’ll take it up…