to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

UC Helplines

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 470

The recorded message on the 0800 328 9344 number says it is for claimants without an online account - I assume because it used to be the “live service” number. Have all the “live service” claims now become “full service”?

Do we still use this number for those who have had/been allowed to make a telephone claim and don’t have an online account? What happens if a Visiting Officer does the claim with the claimant - do they end up with an online account or does that again depend on whether they are able to manage one?

Jeremy Barker
forum member

Citizens Advice North Lincolnshire

Send message

Total Posts: 102

Telephone claims can be on either live service or full service - it depends on when the claim started.

Since January 2018 all new claims have been to full service and have an online account even though there’s no access to it if it’s a telephone claim. When a new telephone claim is made the online account is created by someone at the UC service centre. They ask all the questions you would usually answer with the online system. When contact is made by phone - the number is the full service number, 0800 328 5644 - they can look at the online account.

Until recently anyone making a telephone claim has been advised they can never switch to managing it through an online account. However, when I helped someone set up one earlier this month I was advised that in the future it may become possible to switch from a phone claim to a normal online account.

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 470

Thank you - that’s helpful. Trying to work out if we should put both numbers on our rates card when space is already limited..