Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

UC - referral for a WCA (with ESA WCA appeal pending)

JPCHC
forum member

Cardinal Hume Centre - Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 186

Claimant on UC and wants to be referred for a WCA.  It emerged during our conversation yesterday that she actually still has an ESA WCA appeal pending although she’s reluctant to go through with it (we will be advising her to).  My question is what UC does in these circumstances, will they arrange a new WCA even though there’s an ESA appeal pending?

I’m sorry if this is a really obvious question but this is my first week back in the office after a year of maternity leave and UC is already hurting my head!

Thank you in advance

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 1323

Welcome back JP:) I think that UC will only carry out a new WCA if there’s evidence that there’s been a change of circs (like worsening of condition) or orginal decision made in ignorance of, or based on mistake about, material fact - reg 41(4) of UC Regs 2013 - see also p1021 of CPAG handbook.

JPCHC
forum member

Cardinal Hume Centre - Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 186

Thank you - that makes perfect sense… now!

Jeremy Barker
forum member

Citizens Advice North Lincolnshire

Send message

Total Posts: 102

ros - 18 January 2019 03:21 PM

Welcome back JP:) I think that UC will only carry out a new WCA if there’s evidence that there’s been a change of circs (like worsening of condition) or orginal decision made in ignorance of, or based on mistake about, material fact - reg 41(4) of UC Regs 2013 - see also p1021 of CPAG handbook.

I think that more a matter of “should only carry out a new WCA” rather than “will only carry out a new WCA”.