to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Benefits for older people  →  Thread

War Disablement Pension

Martin
forum member

Homegroup

Send message

Total Posts: 32

How does the Pension service treat War Disablement Pension in regard to Pension Credit claims.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

As per step 2 of section 6 of our Pension Credit factsheet, it’s taken fully into account as income.

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Caseworker - CHAC, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 260

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 02 November 2018 10:50 AM

As per step 2 of section 6 of our Pension Credit factsheet, it’s taken fully into account as income.

My reading of the Pension Credit regs (Schedule 4) is that there’s a £10 disregard for a War Disablement Pension which is also what CPAG says (page 466)?

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2000

Er,

Sch 4 SPC Regs

.. £10 of any of the following, namely–
(a)  a war disablement pension (except insofar as such a pension falls to be disregarded under
paragraph 2 or 3);
(b)  a war widow’s or war widower’s pension;...
2.  The whole of any amount included in a pension to which paragraph 1 relates in respect of–
(a)  the claimant’s need for constant attendance;
(b)  the claimant’s exceptionally severe disablement.
3.  Any mobility supplement under 1article 20 of the Naval, Military and Air Forces Etc.
(Disablement and Death) Service Pensions Order 2006<1 (including such a
supplement by virtue of any other scheme or order) or under article 25A of the Personal Injuries
(Civilians) Scheme 1983(a) or any payment intended to compensate for the
ent of such a supplement.

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

CHAC Adviser - 02 November 2018 10:57 AM

My reading of the Pension Credit regs (Schedule 4) is that there’s a £10 disregard for a War Disablement Pension which is also what CPAG says (page 466)?

Well spotted, your completely correct of course, I forgot to read down to the next section about disregarded income. Thanks.

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Caseworker - CHAC, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 260

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK - 02 November 2018 11:52 AM
CHAC Adviser - 02 November 2018 10:57 AM

Well spotted, your completely correct of course, I forgot to read down to the next section about disregarded income. Thanks.

No worries, it is Friday after all ;)