Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

Reinstating WTC (UCFS area - no UC claim.)

kat v
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 12

Apologies if this is on the wrong forum - but hoping someone here has some insight.

A client is currently receiving DLA and works 20 hours per week. She receives WTC and HB.
Migration happens and, surprise surprise, she doesn’t get PIP. She got an MR request in the day the decision landed on her doorstep and there are a range of factors that suggest that we can get an expedited hearing - but currently she’s scheduled to lose her DLA, WTC and HB next month - as she’ll cease being a disabled worker the moment her DLA ended.

Would it be possible for her to go back onto WTC if we manage to get PIP restored at appeal?

I know there was a similar query elsewhere, but that was following a claim for UC - so they had already fallen into the lobster pot - whereas a claim for UC is not possible here.

Thanks in advance,

Kat

Ianb
forum member

Macmillan benefits team, Citizens Advice Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 958

Doesn’t the Tax Credit claim remain open anyway subject to annual review in which case I don’t think that would be a problem.
However if the HB claim is closed rather than suspended then client will be forced to claim UC to get housing costs because they will not be able to make new HB claim. That in turn will end the Tax Credit claim.

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

You probably know this but as an aside, I’d be wanting to check if there are any other qualifying benefit routes to the disability element, apart from DLA.

And if the disability element of WTC can be retained, check that the local authority remember that it qualifies you for the disability premium in HB.