to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Good cause for failing to attend PIP assessment in neighbouring town

Stuart
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 890

In a new decision CPIP/1347/2018 Judge Wikeley accepts that due to claimant’s health condition he had good cause for not attending assessments arranged in Nottingham and Stoke when he lived in Derby.

Worth a look also for Judge Wikeley’s scathing view of DWP’s submissions to two First-tier Tribunals in the case -

‘I note that the original DWP submission to the first FTT was hopeless and the supplementary submission to the second FTT, as it very properly recognised, was worse than hopeless.’ (para 10)

[ Edited: 4 Oct 2018 at 02:03 pm by Stuart ]
ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

stuart - 01 October 2018 09:52 AM

In a new decision CPIP/1347/2018 Judge Wikeley accepts that due to claimant’s health condition he had good cause for not attending assessments arranged in Nottingham and Stoke when he lived in Derby.

Worth a look also for Judge Wikeley’s scathing view of DWP’s submissions to two First-tier Tribunals in the case -

‘I note that the original DWP submission to the first FTT was hopeless and the supplementary submission to the second FTT, as it very properly recognised, was worse than hopeless.’ (para 10)

yes that was an excellent read ...

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

“... worse than hopeless” !!!

Could have just like “HMRC like” or similar.

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

stuart - 01 October 2018 09:52 AM

Wholly inaccurate reporting. Derby, Nottingham & Stoke all hold City status.

Stuart
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 890

John Birks - 02 October 2018 12:42 PM

Wholly inaccurate reporting. Derby, Nottingham & Stoke all hold City status.

Ah.. good point ..... having lived in Nottingham for many years I should’ve known better - we’ve changed our summary title: https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/caselaw/item/whether-tribunal-had-taken-sufficient-care-in-identifying-the-date-and-asse