to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

it’s a mystery…

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

There are a few UC claims associated with my work phone. however for every claim I have made we have specified email contact. Despite that I got a text message yesterday telling me I needed to verify my ID (or a claimant’s ID) before 20th August so presumably my number has been used for a UC claim on Friday 20th July.

The problem is I was off sick on Friday 20th July, If 20th August was the last day of the month that would have the claim made on Saturday 21st but I don’t work Saturdays.

There is clearly a gremlin at work… It might be someone getting their phone number wrong but considering my number is on 4 or 5 claims and it’s a number in the middle of a batch of phone numbers allocated to a block council contract; I know a few of the people an integer or two away from my number, I wonder whether there might be a system glitch.

[ Edited: 17 Aug 2018 at 09:28 am by Dan_Manville ]
ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

or the system’s been hacked somewhere along the line….

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Is this their version of implied consent?

Ruth_T
forum member

Volunteer adviser - Corby Borough Welfare Rights & CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 313

Is there any possibility that your phone number is being passed around by your clients?  I’ve lost count of the number of occasions that my name has been given as a representative on an SSCS1 form without my knowledge or agreement.  In some cases this has been by people who have never had any contact with our organisation.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Mike Hughes - 16 August 2018 05:14 PM

Is this their version of implied consent?

I shall text back demanding the name, nino, dob and inside leg measurement of the claimant.