Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Review dates. ESA50 seems to come very early?

JAS1
forum member

Advice Worker, Gaddum Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 367

Hi,

client on IR ESA in the SG with a 12 month review date from 12th April 2017. ESA50 has just arrived. This is 2 months before the review date. Is the review date basically the latest they will send it? Are they just allowing 2 months for the whole assessment process?

I know it takes them a while to carry out the assessment but if client completes ESA50 now and is found not to have LCW in a speedy fashion then they may stop her benefit before 12/04/2017 right? I know this is unlikely given the speed DWP operates at but still. Just seems a bit stingy to say its 12 months but it is actually 10

Cheers

SteveMcC
forum member

Welfare Rights Team Derwentside Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 6

Hi

I have a client who was moved from WRAG to SG in October 17, with a review within 12 months of 28/10/17.  His ESA50 arrived at the start of February!

Steve

JAS1
forum member

Advice Worker, Gaddum Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 367

That seems ridiculous Steve! Did he query it?

The thing that makes me skeptical on this is all the times I have seen DWP send ESA50s out in error. Then you ring them to query and they just say ‘oh sorry about that, system must have sent it out in error , just ignore it’. Or they flippantly tell you to fill it out ‘just in case’, as if it is a 5 minute job!

This same client I posted about was also given a review date of 3 months on her last ESA claim. She got the ESA50 the very next week after her award notice! How is someone meant to get well again with the constant bombardment of forms and assessments. It sends people over the edge.

Thinking about it, if it arrived so quickly last time then it’s probably just normal sadly.