× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

c-App guidance and support on ESA and PIP

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3778

From seAp advocacy -

Last year, Hastings-based seAp won the 2017 Charity Times Award for their ground-breaking online web app which enables people across England and Scotland to access their expertise digitally.

The organisation, which provides advocacy for people needing help to access their rights, beat seven other organisations – including the National Trust and Age UK – to win the award for the best use of technology.

The c-App was designed with software development company NeonTribe and Hastings and Rother Clinical Commissioning group. This means that advocacy currently available only to residents of Hastings and Bexhill, is now going national, providing help often for the most vulnerable. Specifically, c-App assists those facing PIP and ESA assessments; helping navigate through medical assessments, generally enabling their voices to be heard and ensuring they receive the support they need.

As one applicant explained “...using c-App meant I could practice the assessment. It gave me confidence to speak up and represent myself properly”.

Another said she didn’t know what she would have done without help from seAp and another described how she wept on being told that she had been awarded a grant.

seAp (which stands for Support Empower Advocate Promote) was originally set up seventeen years ago and provides advocacy services across the South of England. Initial funding from Hastings Borough Council enabled the provision of face to face advocacy, but funding for c-App has also come from the Legal Education Foundation and Comic Relief.

So far c-App, still in its primary years, has had over 450,000 users to the site and we are hoping that with added support and dissemination, that number could grow exponentially in the new year!

If you’re an organisation interested in finding out more or adding c-App to your website, please contact .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

For more infomation see: http://www.seap.org.uk/services/c-app