to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DS1500 Mandatory reconsideration

gw
forum member

Glasgow West Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 285

PIP renewal was carried out and client had home visit, He completed renewal himself and didn’t click on special rules although his previous award was as result of DS1500
only contacted me when his claim was disallowed and he had posted his mandatory reconsideration.
We submitted further letter and DS1500 . I haven’t received any letters but was advised by DWP that no change decision was made 19th December..  Requested duplicate and advised appeal would be forthcoming.

cant see how HCP would fail to overturn a decision when DS1500 available to them.. ?

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2000

How long had he been getting PIP previously?  Was this a new DS1500?

gw
forum member

Send message

previous 3 year award , yes new DS1500 signed by GP Dec 17

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2000

I suppose that if it was the same GP issuing the DS1500 there might be questions about the prognosis as there’s been 3 years survival.

gw
forum member

Send message

chronic myeloid leukaemia with concerns of villous adenoma. but this isn’t being investigated further.

think DWP assume it isn’t terminal as no further action being take..

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

They’re not bound by a DS1500; GPs sometimes issue them erroneously. We discussed this with the team that handles them for Capita last year. They’ve got to be satisfied about the prognosis.

I remember when they started reviewing Special Rules DLA claims; around 2002 IIRC; I had one fella come in who’s been paid under the TI rules for about 5 years. DLA were understandably skeptical and had refused the claim. I wrote to his oncologist to check the situation and the reply I got back read along the lines of “It’s a minor miracle; we’re all gobsmacked he’s still here”. He got his DLA back!

gw
forum member

Send message

cheers Dan
seems like I’ll need to contact oncologist also rather than rely on GP DS1500.