to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

DWP - Customer Account Management (CAM) system query

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

This is an extract from an overpayment appeal from the DWP which states ‘All contact with the department is recorded. All telephone calls received from or on the customer’s behalf are recorded on the Customer Account Management (CAM system)’. DWP acknowledged client made a phone call at such and such time and date, and made such and such disclosure, but it wasn’t sufficient enough.

Have attached the DWP benefits document and Data retention guide - page 8 refers to recorded telephone calls and Policy overview page 3 1.1 refers to a 14 month retention period etc.

We helped client submit an interlocutory application to request a copy of the full written transcript and a full recording of the telephone call, a Judge agreed to the application and directed the DWP provide the above (all within the 14 month period).

The DWP produced a ‘partial summary of customer’s telephone call to DWP’ i.e. erstwhile written transcript, so they were directed again to produce the above. Should point out client disagreed with DWP account.

DWP response was ‘I have been unable to comply with this direction notice as the call recording referred to has been erased from the system. In accordance with current call recording guidance, calls are normally erased after 14 months (the appeal was actually lodged well within the 14 month period).

We are assuming when the ‘partial summary’ i.e. partial written transcript was made, a recording existed, but????????

Anyone got a thoughts on this?

File Attachments