to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other areas of social welfare law  →  Thread

DWP ordered to disclose guidance in relation to child maintenance

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

In a First-tier Tribunal (General Regulatory Chamber) judgment the DWP have been ordered to disclose guidance relating to the Child Maintenance Scheme that they had initially refused to disclose arguing that it would prejudice the effective conduct of public affairs.

FerhanaBhogadia
forum member

Senior WRO - Leicester City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 45

Hi
Does anyone know how I can access the Policy Law and Decision Makers Guidance (PLDMG) - I’m after the internal guidance on Child Support Maintenance.

My client had a 50:50 shared care order.
That has been accepted by CSM which has wiped out liability for maintenance from the date of the order.
Prior to that, there was a 50:50 order, which CSM are saying he did not tell them about.
He is being asked to pay a backdated sum of child maintenance on the basis that he did not tell them about the order.
He may not have disclosed the actual order (he is checking his correspondence to see what he disclosed), I want to check what the internal procedures are, including inquisitorial functions of CSM.

Can anyone help with the PLDMG?

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1005

There is this link https://voiceofthechild.org.uk/child-maintenance-service-policy-law-and-decision-making-guidance/

File Attachments

FerhanaBhogadia
forum member

Senior WRO - Leicester City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 45

Thank you very much for your timely reply.  I’ve gone through the sections in the documents and links which I thought may yield the information I need. The guidance does not really give a any info on the inquisitorial nature of the role - for example to delve deeper to uncover information. Its written in quite a different way to what I’m used in DMG in benefit cases.