Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Let’s Speak UC…..

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1962

Claimant receives this email from UC.

Claimant does not know what they are talking about, and has to guess that they are referring to a fit-note, which had already been sent in.

If this masterpiece of unclarity is typical, there are going to be considerable problems in the future.

Your Universal Credit account has been updated, we did not receive the requested documents and have ended our action. If you have sent the documents within the last 7 days please contact your local office.

From,

Universal Credit
Please do not reply using this Universal Credit email address as it does not accept incoming emails.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Send message

The inevitable sequel….

UC failed to reply to a query from me, asking what they were talking about.

This from the claimant today:

I have sent 2 sick notes and they kept asking for them so I sent copies again and they still kept asking . I was writing numerous times to ask what the problem was and to let me know if they had the sick notes - no reply.

I rang the UC number they gave me and spoke to a lady who looked at my journal and said this is absolutely disgusting no one has been in touch with you for over three weeks , and said she was going to make a complaint.

My case manager then sent me about 8 messages all in one go, but not answering my question.

I rang the following week and the lady said someone will get back to you in two days before 10am. This was on 2/10/17 -  I am still waiting.

This morning I have had a message saying because I have not got back to them they have stopped all my money. Unbelievable.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Send message

This is getting seriously silly.

Client has been to the Jobcentre, and has just said this:

[The lady there was very nice and helpful and hopefully sorted it out and the payment will go ahead she said.

The problem is apparently the case manager at UC does not get I’m touch with me and UC don’t get in touch with the job centre.

Even though I am unfit for work at the moment and have fit notes because they took ESA off me and I did not pass my medical they say I am fit for work and should be looking for work and I am not]

So UC do not communicate properly with the claimant, the Jobcentre or with me, sick notes can be ignored, and periods of sickness etc don’t exist.

Screeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmm!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Ah yes, personalised support.

Clearly going to be needed for WROs before long.