Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

quick question re PIP and and when to apply for SDP

JAS1
forum member

Advice Worker, Gaddum Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 367

Hello,

I have a client who has been successful in obtaining the ER for both components of PIP from 20/09/2017 (yay). She is currently on LR DLA.

Can anyone confirm for me when SDP (in her ESA etc) would apply from? Is it from the 20/09/2017 or is it worth applying for now that she has received her outcome letter?

Thank you

NAI
forum member

Unclaimed Benefits Campaign, Middlesbrough CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 131

Your client will be entitled to the SDP from the date she qualifies for any rate of the daily living component of PIP provided she receives an appropriate benefit (e.g., ESA). Let JCP know and they’ll probably send your client an IS10 form to complete (read elsewhere in this forum how to deal with that).

I assume that her previous award was actually the low rate care component of DLA.

I’d be tempted to ask the DWP to consider an anytime revision of her DLA Care component award from the date of the decision or date of assessment or date of the completion of the PIP2 form or even further back on the basis that her condition(s) and their effects warranted a middle or high rate care component award prior to conversion to PIP. If they accept this (BIG IF), the SDP could be backdated to the date of a revised DLA award.