Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Workers Registration Scheme

AlexJ
forum member

Trafford Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 179

Hello all

I have a client who is a national of a former A8 country, he isn’t sure whether his previous work in the UK was registered under the WRS and doesn’t have any documents going back that far. Does anyone know how he can check this? Is there a Home Office address he can contact to enquire about it? A Google search doesn’t really yield any useful information about this.

Cheers

Alex

davidsmithp1000
forum member

Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project

Send message

Total Posts: 195

Hi.

If you’re looking at the last 5 years? - your ok; it’s been over 5 years since this has been a requirement.

AlexJ
forum member

Trafford Welfare Rights

Send message

Hi

Yes, it relates to work undertaken way back in the mists of time, when the scheme still applied.

Cheers

Alex

AlexJ
forum member

Trafford Welfare Rights

Send message

Hi All

Nobody any ideas on this? I’m sure there must be a record somewhere, rather than just relying on the claimant having the documentation to prove registration.

Cheers

Alex

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

well you would have thought that the people running the scheme would have had records of who registered, and keep said records for long enough to be useful.  but this is the government we are talking about.

i would think a letter to whoever ti was (border agency? home office) asking if the keep the records would be a start….