Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Wondering whether this is something for Stakeholders… unaddressed correspondence

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I thought I’d pass this by the hivemind…

I’ve had a spate of correspondence recently on a new DWP letterhead with no DWP address on it. Often one can guess where it’s come from but in an overpayment case recently I had no idea whether it was Debt Management, the DRT or the processing team that had sent it. It turns out it was the processing team that I had no inkling were involved.

I’d sent my appeal to debt management so that got lost in the system until I spent a good hour on the phone tracking it down; it was a lot more than an hour in reality as I had to raise a complaint with debt management because their advisor was so unhelpful but I’ll discount that.

Is this much of a problem for everyone else or is it just me?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3548

Hi Dan

I’d be happy to bring this up. Would you be able to send me anonymised copies of some of the letters?

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Daphne - 08 May 2017 02:16 PM

Hi Dan

I’d be happy to bring this up. Would you be able to send me anonymised copies of some of the letters?

Sure

I’ll get my redacting pen out tomorrow.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Was the letter by any chance from a Fraud Investigation Service (FIS) decision maker at Merythyr Tydfil or Coatbridge benefit centre because there had been a FIS investigation?

They are very good at sending out overpayment (and entitlement) decisions without an issuing address - or copying it to Debt Management / benefit centre (so no one else with DWP knows whats going on) - they are also very good at not actually issuing such decisions at all (but swearing blind in appeal submissions, to MPs etc that a decision was issued to claimant!

Bitter experience!