Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

New DWP special adviser

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3777

Via politco.eu -

The snap election announcement has sparked a flurry of moves at the top levels of government and within the Conservative party. Former spokesman for The Sun newspaper, Dylan Sharpe, has joined the Department for Work and Pensions, as maternity cover for special adviser Lottie Dexter.

http://www.politico.eu/article/theresa-mays-press-secretary-quits/

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1123

The Sun? What’s wrong with these people? Could they not get someone from the Daily Heil? Or Kuenssberg? Her record of dressing up propaganda as news surely makes her eminently qualified?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3211

What could possibly go wrong I wonder?

This week the Sun’s head of PR, Dylan Sharpe, was forced to apologise for some inappropriate tweets re the paper’s Page 3 fiasco. Except that his apology was so self-pitying that you wondered if he was apologising at all

The Sun’s Page 3 and art of the self-pity statement

Benny Fitzpatrick
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer, Southway Housing Trust, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 627

More evidence (as if any were needed) that Rupert Murdoch runs this country. I suppose he’ll be advising them which “scroungers” to hit next?

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

It’s clearly a mistake as I am lost as to the last time the DWP employed anyone capable of admitting wrongdoing and then apologising for it.

This is obviously a maternity cover experiment. Someone capable of apologising but really, really badly just to see how it goes.

Well done him for identifying the one place he could go in order to be more hated than on The Sun though 😊

Oh, and let’s hope it’s not Lotties 4th child. That would be ironic.