Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3196

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

New FoI request has produced some guidance that may be useful to anyone adversely affected.

The HWC is a claimant led conversation so claimants can decide whether they want to discuss their health. If claimants do not wish to discuss their health the work coach will tailor the discussions based on what they are comfortable discussing.

The My Values exercise is an optional exercise that claimants can complete during the HWC. The work coach will ask the claimant whether they want to complete the My Values Exercise.  A sanction would not apply for not completing the My Values exercise.

Where a claimant doesn’t complete the HWC booklet but participates and engages in the conversation, a failure to participate sanction will not apply.

Health and Work Conversation (HWC) interview with a Work Coach

Stuart
Administrator

rightsnet editor

Send message

Total Posts: 890

Disability Rights UK has brought together links to all the trainng and operational documents so far released on the health and work conversation through FOI responses (including exemptions) and questions why it needs to be mandotory.

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2017/july/dr-uk-questions-need-new-esa-health-and-work-conversation-be-mandatory?platform=hootsuite

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Interesting article about this in the Benefits and Work newsletter:

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3647-being-asked-about-your-values-could-lead-to-an-esa-sanction

ClairemHodgson
forum member

Solicitor, SC Law, Harrow

Send message

Total Posts: 1221

Billy Durrant - 20 July 2017 02:27 PM

Interesting article about this in the Benefits and Work newsletter:

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3647-being-asked-about-your-values-could-lead-to-an-esa-sanction

yes i saw that referenced on facebook last night, with people saying failing to engage would attract a sanction - yet we have the quotes above that there won’t be a sanction….

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Send message

Been made aware of an FoI request which has copies of the claimants HWC booklet and a work coach version that contains extra notes for how the “conversation” is supposed to proceed.

Health and Work Conversations (HWC)

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

And another FOI request that includes a copy of the letter inviting a claimant to the health and work conversation