Send message

Total Posts: 110

Thanks missed that one

Damian
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Salford Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 211

I heard that the three judges have cottoned on to the government’s strategy of putting through amendment regs whenever a judicial decision goes against them. In order to stop such regulations being pushed through by the government for supervision cases, with an explanatory note that PIP was never intended for people in terrible danger to their lives as a result of disability and to help such people would not be fair on everyone else, the UT are not going to give out their decision until after the 2020 general election.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

I suppose one has to applaud the consistency in introducing MR to avoid the “excessive” cost and time consumption of proceeding to FTT and refusing to pursue a JR because of cost and the alleged need for speed. 

Hopefully we’ll also soon be able to draw the parallel of poor drafting and guidance resulted in cases unnecessarily having to go to UT and poor redrafts like this resulting in even more cases going to FTT and UT.

Now, where was that wonderful blog from that DWP person claiming that new digital drafting had resulted in streamlining of language and meaning. Perhaps Gareth Morgan can help? I seem to recall at least one of us added comments 😊