Escalation Numbers

< 1 2

GWRS adviser
forum member

Welfare Rights Service, Greenwich Council, London

Send message

Total Posts: 211

Hello

It will be very interesting to read of experiences in other areas.  I think DWP’s approach on this subject and on implicit consent undermines the advice sector quite significantly.  I’m sure the following points are obvious to everyone who’s already posted on this thread but I felt they were worth making anyway.

It’s possible that each area’s perspective on directing escalation through the partnership manager may depend on what has existed before hand.  For Greenwich I think this will be a step backwards as we have very good links to the BDC teams directly involved in processing of claims.  We have a good local partnership manager but regardless of their qualities escalating cases through them will never replace having the direct escalation contacts.

Home visits appear in DWP’s leaflet on their service standards.  They should be delivering services in this way as a matter of course to those who need it (UC or not).  It is a good thing to have local arrangements to make sure a service of this kind can be accurately targeted.

However, I think we should be careful not to view this as innovative on DWP’s part.  I also think that we should be careful not to see increased efforts to engage with the advice sector as a DWP concession that goes towards repairing the damage that will be done by restricting escalation contacts and removing implicit consent.  It’s good that DWP seem to be making more of an effort to engage in some areas but this is really just something they should already be doing.

Service standards leaflet: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/381015/dwp032-112014.pdf

I’ve attached the core visits referral guide which gives a list (not exhaustive) of a number of circumstances in which a Universal Credit claimant might require a home visit.

File Attachments

MaddyH
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Dosh Financial Advocacy

Send message

Total Posts: 3

Hi Daphne,

Please could you send escalation numbers to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and add me to the mailing list for updates?

Thanks for your help

Catrin
forum member

Camden Community Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hi Daphne

Please could I be added to the mailing list for escalation numbers, email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Many thanks for this

robverco
forum member

Welfare Benefits Officer, Wandle Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 59

Hi there, can I get the latest escalation number lists, please, to my new email:

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

With thanks,

Rob

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3537

sorry for delay - been out of the office a bit - have sent now :)